Saturday, April 7, 2012

Ukrainian Easter eggs

Having fun for Easter? Well I am! We are making Ukrainian pysankas. They are Ukrainian Easter egg. To make a Ukrainian pysanka you have to draw your design. All of the designs means different things. On my egg I have wolfs teeth which means loyalty. I also have diamonds which means knowledge. The last thing on my egg are lions which means strength. The next step is to put wax on the designs you want to be white. After you finnish you put it into the lightest color of dye you have. The longer you have it in the dye the darker it is. You keep doing that from lightest to darkest. Then your
Ukrainian pysanka. In the picture with the red egg I had already put it into yellow and orange before the red. They turned out really well! They are so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment